<MP>Tuesday, 08 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 21:22:31 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com Become a fan of: Ireland 2010 with Fr. Pat Umberger on
Facebook.

St. William of York (d. 1154)
A disputed election as archbishop of York and a mysterious death. Those are
the headlines from the tragic life of today's saint. Born into a powerful
family in 12th-century England, William seemed destined for great things.
His uncle was next in line for the English throne-though a nasty dynastic
struggle complicated things. William himself faced an internal Church feud.
Despite these roadblocks, he was nominated as archbishop of York in 1140.
Local clergymen were less enthusiastic, however, and the archbishop of
Canterbury refused to consecrate William. Three years later a neighboring
bishop performed the consecration, but it lacked the approval of Pope
Innocent II, whose successors likewise withheld approval. William was
deposed and a new election was ordered.

She left and did as Elijah had said. She was able to eat for a year, and
Elijah and her son as well; the jar of flour did not go empty, nor the jug
of oil run dry, as the LORD had foretold through Elijah. ~1 Kings 17:7-16

Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good
deeds and glorify your heavenly Father. ~Matthew 5:13-16

We're called to let our light shine.  I'm sure the woman in the first
reading today didn't know she was doing that.  But her generosity shined
brightly, and her flour jar and jug of oil never ran out.

I pray that I may be generous to a fault with what I have.  I pray that I
may let my light shine.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Clairann asks prayers for her brother-in-law, for successful triple by-pass
surgery and complete and speedy recovery. A member requests prayers for her
husband and herself to obtain gainful employment. Nancy requests prayers
that God will protect her pregnant daughter and grandchild to be.

Tina asks prayers for three special intentions for her family. Deb asks
prayers for her sister in law who is having a double mastectomy Friday due
to cancer. Mary Ann asks prayers for grandson who is attending EMT school.

Karen asks for prayers for a dear friend's son who is verbally abusing his
family. Lee asks for prayers for her sister who is recovering from hip
surgery. Gen asks prayers for a special intention. Susan requests prayers
for her elderly sister who has very limited vision and is suffering
complications after a knee replacement.