<MP>Tuesday, 08 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 20:54:52 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

In 2004 I led a wonderful Pilgrimage to Ireland, the Emerald Isle. I spoke
with Gary from Pentecost Tours, and he's putting together a
Pilgrimage to Ireland for the Fall of 2010 .... probably in October. Keep
it in the back of your mind ... or start saving your nickels. I'll let you
know when firm dates and other information is available. For now, let's
pray for the success of this wonderful Pilgrimage! If you're interested
visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Feast of the Immaculate Conception
A feast called the Conception of Mary arose in the Eastern Church in the
seventh century. It came to the West in the eighth century. In the
eleventh century it received its present name, the Immaculate Conception.
In the eighteenth century it became a feast of the universal Church.
In 1854, Pius IX solemnly proclaimed: ?The most Blessed Virgin Mary, in
the first instant of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege
granted by almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the savior
of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin.? It
took a long time for this doctrine to develop. While many Fathers and
Doctors of the Church considered Mary the greatest and holiest of the
saints, they often had difficulty in seeing Mary as sinless?either at her
conception or throughout her life. This is one of the Church teachings
that arose more from the piety of the faithful than from the insights of
brilliant theologians. Even such champions of Mary as Bernard and Thomas
Aquinas could not see theological justification for this teaching.
 For more, follow the link below:

Brothers and sisters: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus
Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the
heavens, as he chose us in him, before the foundation of the world, to be
holy and without blemish before him. In love he destined us for adoption
to himself through Jesus Christ, in accord with the favor of his will, for
the praise of the glory of his grace that he granted us in the beloved.
~Ephesians 1:3-6,11-12

Mary said, ?Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me
according to your word.? Then the angel departed from her. ~Luke 1:26-28

Today, as we celebrate the Feast of the Immaculate Conception of the
Blessed Virgin Mary we celebrate her special place with God and the fact
that from her Conception she was preserved from the stain of Original Sin.
As we rely on her presence and intercession we strive to follow her
example as well. As she said, "I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be
done to me according to your word."

I pray that I may rely on the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary.  I
pray that I may be inspired by her example and know that I too amd the
handmaid of the Lord.  I pray that I may accept my life as a gift from God
and proclaim, "May it be done to me according to your word."

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!