<MP>Tuesday, 08 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 20:10:59 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in
heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my
burden is light."  ~Matthew 11:29-30

All of life is a fluctuation between effort and rest.  We need both every
day.  But effort is not truly effective until first we have had the proper
preparation for it, by resting in a time of quiet meditation. This daily
time of rest and meditation gives us the power necessary to make our best
effort.  There are days when we are called on for much effort and then comes
a time when we need much rest.  It is not good to rest too long and it is
not good to carry on great effort too long without rest.  The successful
life is a proper balance between the two.

I pray that I may be ready to make the proper effort.  I pray that I may
also recognized the need for relaxation.