<MP>Tuesday, 07 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 09:30:02 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   LAST CHANCE - SEATS WILL BE TICKETED ON 10 OCTOBER!

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, THREE from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

   You may wish to call Pentecost Tours to make sure they'll
   receive your registration on time and will save a place
   for you:  800-713-9800.  If you register, please let me
   know right away, so I can keep track of the group!

F A L L    C L E R G Y    C O N F E R E N C E
Morning Prayer for tomorrow has been sent early ...

I'll be at our Diocesan Fall Clergy Conference on Monday and
Tuesday of this Week.  Morning Prayer for tomorrow has been sent
early.  Just save it until tomorrow!  Keep me, our bishop and the
priests, deacons and pastoral ministers during our time together!

Our Lady of the Rosary
Pope St. Pius V established this feast in 1573. The purpose was to thank God
for the victory of Christians over the Turks at Lepanto-a victory attributed
to the praying of the rosary. Clement XI extended the feast to the universal
Church in 1716.  For more, follow the link below:

And I was unknown personally to the churches of Judea that are in Christ;
they only kept hearing that "the one who once was persecuting us is now
preaching the faith he once tried to destroy." So they glorified God because
of me. ~Galatians 1:13-24

"Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things. There is
need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be
taken from her."  ~Luke 10:38-42

Sometimes we hear about people who are going to reform their lives.  This
often happens when they get into trouble.  They are sometimes quick to
repent and return to the values they grew up with.  The draw close to God
and tell everybody about it.  Many times the reform only lasts as long as it
takes them to get out of trouble.  Paul's example was much more powerful
than that. He wasn't in trouble with those who were in power.  But he came
to see the error of his ways and repented.  He had been rounding up
Christian believers ... men, women and children, and imprisoning them. All
of a sudden he was able to "see" the damage he had caused.  As we hear in
the Gospel "the one who once was persecuting us is now preaching the faith
he once tried to destroy." The reform was genuine and powerful, and many
came to believe and glorify God because of the conversion of Saint Paul.

I pray that I may see areas in my own life where I need reform.  I pray that
I may use God's grace, perhaps in the Sacrament of Reconciliation, to turn
away from my sin and back to God before I get myself into trouble.  I pray
that others may know that the changes in my life are part of my faith, that
they too can come to believe and glorify God because of my conversion.