<MP>Tuesday, 07 November 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 23:08:19 -0600

V O T I N G    D A Y

It's election day.  I pray that you exercise your precious right and
responsibility to vote.  I pray too, that you may proudly stand up for life
and the dignity of marriage.  May God bless us.  May we focus on making
things better, rather than criticizing each other.

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,800 in Prizes!

2007 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2007.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

"I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that has
been given you in Christ Jesus, for in every way you have been enriched in
him, in speech and knowledge of every kind--just as the testimony of Christ
has been strengthened among you--so that you are not lacking in any
spiritual gift as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ."  ~1
Corinthians 1:4-7

It is not so much us, as the grace of God that is in us, that helps those
around us.  If we help even those we dislike, we can see that there is
nothing in us to block the way, to keep God's grace from using us.  Our own
pride and selfishness are the greatest blocks.  We can keep those out of the
way and God's grace can flow through us into the lives of others.  Then all
who come in contact with us can be helped in some way.  We can keep the
channel open, free from those things that make our life futile and
ineffective.

I pray that all who come in contact with me will feel better for it. I pray
that I may be careful not to harbor those things in my heart that put people
off.

A member kindly asks for members prayers for her mother, who has been ill
and just found out that there is a nodule on her lung. Bee asks prayers for
her husband who has a painful shoulder. Nancy from PA requests prayers for
her sister's friend/next door neighbor who is having knee replacement
surgery Tuesday that the surgery may be a success. Nancy asks for prayers
for her family that they will have a safe trip to Australia.

Frieda asks prayers for a special intention. Shirley asks prayers for a
special intention. Frank asks prayers for several intentions. Barbara
requests prayers for a Gulf Shores, AL friend recovering from Hurricane Ivan
and now undergoing stomach removal cancer surgery. Chris requests prayers
for his mother-in-law who was admitted to the hospital Sunday. Jim asks
prayers that voters select pro-life candidates in Tuesday's elections.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm