<MP>Tuesday, 07 April 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:35:54 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
THERE ARE NOW 37 REGISTERED PILGRIMS.
About 10 MORE SPACES AVAILABLE, UP TO 7 FROM LA CROSSE.
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. John Baptist de la Salle (1651-1719)
Complete dedication to what he saw as God's will for him dominated the life
of John Baptist de la Salle. In 1950, Pope Pius XII named him patron of
schoolteachers for his efforts in upgrading school instruction. As a young
seventeenth-century Frenchman, John had everything going for him: scholarly
bent, good looks, noble family background, money, refined upbringing. At the
early age of 11, he received the tonsure and started preparation for the
priesthood, to which he was ordained at 27. He seemed assured then of a life
of dignified ease and a high position in the Church. But God had other plans
for John, which were gradually revealed to him in the next several years.
During a chance meeting with M. Nyel of Raven, he became interested in the
creation of schools for poor boys in Raven, where he was stationed. Though
the work was extremely distasteful to him at first, he became more involved
in working with the deprived youths.

For more, follow this link:

When all the people saw him walking and praising God, they recognized him as
the one who used to sit begging at the Beautiful Gate of the temple, and
they were filled with amazement and astonishment at what had happened to
him. ~Acts 3:1-10

So they set out at once and returned to Jerusalem where they found gathered
together the Eleven and those with them who were saying, "The Lord has truly
been raised and has appeared to Simon!" Then the two recounted what had
taken place on the way and how he was made known to them in the breaking of
the bread. ~Luke 24:13-35

They recognized him in the breaking of the bread. They had shared so many
meals together. They came to understand that the bread and wine he offered
them at the Last Supper was his very Body and Blood. Understanding continues
to come. And in the First Reading today we hear of the healing of a man
crippled from birth. The power of the Resurrection is unleashed!

I pray that I may always see Jesus in the Breaking of the Bread.  I pray
that I may allow the power of the Resurrection to work through me in my
life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Carol requests prayers for her children who needs God's guidance, healing
and protection in their life. Yvonne, asks prayers for a special intention.
Jennifer asks prayers for several intentions.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse