<MP>Tuesday, 07 April 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 20:59:36 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. John Baptist de la Salle (1651-1719)
Complete dedication to what he saw as God's will for him dominated the life
of John Baptist de la Salle. In 1950, Pope Pius XII named him patron of
schoolteachers for his efforts in upgrading school instruction. As a young
seventeenth-century Frenchman, John had everything going for him: scholarly
bent, good looks, noble family background, money, refined upbringing. At the
early age of 11, he received the tonsure and started preparation for the
priesthood, to which he was ordained at 27. He seemed assured then of a life
of dignified ease and a high position in the Church.  For more, follow the
link below:

Hear me, O islands, listen, O distant peoples. The Lord called me from
birth, from my mother's womb he gave me my name.
He made of me a sharp-edged sword and concealed me in the shadow of his arm.
~Isaiah 49:1-6

Peter said to him, "Master, why can I not follow you now? I will lay down my
life for you." Jesus answered, "Will you lay down your life for me? Amen,
amen, I say to you, the cock will not crow before you deny me three times."
~John 13:21-33, 36-38

We were called from birth by the Lord.  We have good intentions as well.
Yet sometimes we falter.  Even Peter, one of Jesus' apostles promises
allegiance, then denies Jesus three times.  Jesus died on the cross that we
might be forgiven ... brought back to unity with God. This day we can be
grateful, and we can pray for the courage to be faithful to the Lord.

I pray that I may be faithful to the Lord.  I pray too, that if I falter, I
may never forget the Lord's promise of forgiveness.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Doreen asks prayers for a special intention. Joan asks prayers for a special
intention. A member seeks prayers for her father who recently suffered a
stroke.

A parish member requests prayers for wisdom and guidance in discerning God's
plan for his career path. A member asks prayers for help for her nephew who
is taking a test that will better his chances of employment. Tina asks
prayers for her friend who is undergoing eye surgery for a painful eye
disease, that the Lord will bless and guide the doctors and help her to
heal.

Christine asks prayers that God's Spirit would be poured out on her son and
he would not resist God's direction in his life. Member asks for prayers for
our nation that  doctors, nurses and pharmacists freedom of conscience will
be protected. Deanna asks prayers for a special intention.

Trymore asks prayers for a special intention. Mum asks prayers for her two
sons to each find a God fearing future wife to raise a loving family.
Beverley Ann asks prayers for a special intention. Juanita asks for prayers
for her cousin who is going through a very difficult time in her life.