<MP>Tuesday, 06 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 18:32:36 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Bruno (1030?-1101)
This saint has the honor of having founded a religious order which, as the
saying goes, has never had to be reformed because it was never deformed. No
doubt both the founder and the members would reject such high praise, but it
is an indication of the saint's intense love of a penitential life in
solitude. He was born in Cologne, Germany, became a famous teacher at Rheims
and was appointed chancellor of the archdiocese at the age of 45. He
supported Pope Gregory VII (May 25) in his fight against the decadence of
the clergy and took part in the removal of his own scandalous archbishop,
Manasses. Bruno suffered the plundering of his house for his pains.   For
more, follow the link below:

When God saw by their actions how they turned from their evil way, he
repented of the evil that he had threatened to do to them; he did not carry
it out. ~Jonah 3:1-10

The Lord said to her in reply, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried
about many things. There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the
better part and it will not be taken from her." ~Luke 10:38-42

We are called to listen to Jesus!  Still, there are many other things we
must do in order to live a good and healthy life.  Still, we need to make a
good place for God in our lives and in our day and give Him time to speak to
us. We can be involved in living our lives, but still be willing, like Mary,
to stop and listen to Jesus.

I pray that I may keep a healthy balance in my life.  I pray that I may make
time for God, and time to listen to Jesus.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Nancy requests prayers for God to guide her widowed friend who is in
desperate need of a job. A member requests prayers for her husband and
daughter who are both traveling this month. Kim is asking for prayers for
her marriage to be healed and all those who are standing for their marriages
to be restored.

Mary requests prayers for nephew who was in a DWI hit and run accident, that
he will stop drinking and straighten out his life. Patty requests prayers
for her children who are experiencing financial and marital problems. A
member requests prayers for her son and daughter who are both struggling
with personal issues.

Bridget asks prayers for a special intention. Alphones requests prayers for
her 21 years old twin sons to avoid all bad companions and be close to GOD.
Mom is asking prayers for her daughter who is concerned about her job,
praying that God will help her learn the work, because of lack of
experience.