<MP>Tuesday, 06 May 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 22:22:43 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Sts. Marian and James (d. 259)
Often, it's hard to find much detail from the lives of saints of the early
Church. What we know about the third-century martyrs we honor today is
likewise minimal. But we do know that they lived and died for the faith.
Almost 2,000 years later, that is enough reason to honor them.
Born in North Africa, Marian was a lector or reader; James was a deacon. For
their devotion to the faith they suffered during the persecution of
Valerian.

{Paul} "Yet I consider life of no importance to me, if only I may finish my
course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to bear witness
to the Gospel of God's grace."  ~Acts 20:20-27

I do not pray for the world but for the ones you have given me, because they
are yours, and everything of mine is yours
and everything of yours is mine, and I have been glorified in them. And now
I will no longer be in the world, but they are in the world, while I am
coming to you." ~John 17:1-11a

Paul is completely faithful to the Lord's call and inspires may to believe
in the risen Christ as the Messiah. His ministry puts him in considerable
danger, but he continues on course, bearing witness to the Gospel of God's
Grace.  Jesus, in our Gospel today, prayers for the ones given Him by the
Father. Their faith is strong, and they'll need to take over for Him when he
returns to the Father.

I pray that I too, may be faithful to the Lord's call, and that my faith may
inspire faith in others.  I pray that I may not worry about danger, but seek
the Lord with all my heart and carry on the work that Jesus began.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Jo asks prayers that son will sell his house quickly and for his job
satisfaction. A member requests prayers for an 8th grade foster child who
has been preparing to come into the Church and her foster mother will not
give her  permission to receive the sacraments and be confirmed with her
class. For a Mother and Daughter, that they may forgive each other. Cathy
requires prayers for her family to have a much improved financial situation
and an increase in perseverance, hope, & faith.

Henry asks for prayers for his wife and himself for successful cataract
surgery.  Grandmother asking prayers for granddaughter to be forgiving with
her family and think about her choice to getting married outside the Church.
Grandmother ask prayers for grandson who made wrong choice by taking a
pocket knife to school and could possibly be expelled.

Mary requests prayers for relatives who are one issue voters so God will
broaden their minds and give them the wisdom to see that their Christian
voting obligation entails looking at the WHOLE candidate. Bob asks prayers
for his 88-year-old mother who is suffering pain in her back.  Mother
requests prayers for her daughter and grandchildren that God will protect
them from danger.

Alyce asks prayers for safe and healthy travel for her sister. Melva asks
prayers for her parents who are moving, that they will sell their house and
have a safe move. JaniceMarie asks prayers for her nephew and niece who are
facing health challenges. Jan asks for prayers for her brother-in-law who
had major surgery on Thursday and then suffered a heart attack on Friday and
is to undergo an angiogram Monday.