<MP>Tuesday, 06 June 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 21:41:06 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N
Thirty-Four are now signed up
Remember, the early sign-up deadline is 24 June.  The price rises $100 after
that date. To go on the trip you need to register with and pay your deposit
to Pentecost Tours. For complete details, follow the link from:
www.frpat.com

P O D C A S T    /  G O D C A S T
Visit the newest part of my Web Site.  Download the latest Sunday homily.
Listen to it at your computer or download to your MP3 player. Or, subscribe
to the free RSS Feed and download them automatically. Just follow the
"Godcast" link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"O LORD my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me." ~Psalm
30:2

According to our varying needs, so do we think of God.  It is not necessary
that we think of God as others think of God, but it is helpful if we think
of God as supplying what we personally need. The weak need God's strength.
The strong need God's tenderness. The tempted and fallen need God's saving
grace.  The righteous need God's compassion for sinners.  The lonely need
God as a friend. The fighters for righteousness need a leader in God.  We
may find help from God in all these areas.  When we turn to God for help,
God's help is available to us.

I pray that I may think of God as supplying my needs.  I pray that I will
bring all my problems to God for help in meeting them.

Sue asks prayers for her husband who is having a medical test. Pam requests
prayers for her family as they try to decide what school to send their
daughter to next year. Jeanie asks prayers for her 18-year-old daughter who
is struggling internally from a custody dispute and has pushed her into
making bad choices for herself. Abby asks thanksgiving prayers for her dad's
successful surgery. Bill asks our prayers as he awaits a lung transplant.

Denise asks for prayers for a friend living in Las Vegas who is struggling
with a gambling addiction and needs the Lord's intervention to help her with
this. Patrick asks prayers for the safe return of his son from the Iraq war.
Melva asks prayers for her dear friend and co-worker who is a single mum and
is suffering from high blood pressure and stress, that she may find peace
and good health to continue raising her beautiful daughter.

Marianne asks prayers for her husband who has undergone surgery for detached
retinas in both his eyes within three weeks of one another. A Member
requests prayers for a successful carpal tunnel and trigger finger surgery
on her right hand on June 8 and for her daughter that she will find relief
from her lower back pain and Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.