<MP>Tuesday, 06 April 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 21:30:47 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

THERE ARE NOW 37 REGISTERED PILGRIMS.
About 10 MORE SPACES AVAILABLE, UP TO 7 FROM LA CROSSE.
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Crescentia Hoess (1682-1744)
Crescentia was born in 1682 in a little town near Augsburg, the daughter of
a poor weaver. She spent play time praying in the parish church, assisted
those even poorer than herself and had so mastered the truths of her
religion that she was permitted to make her holy Communion at the then
unusually early age of seven. In the town she was called "the little angel."
As she grew older she desired to enter the convent of the Tertiaries of St.
Francis. But the convent was poor and, because Crescentia had no dowry, the
superiors refused her admission. Her case was then pleaded by the Protestant
mayor of the town to whom the convent owed a favor. The community felt it
was forced into receiving her, and her new life was made miserable. She was
considered a burden and assigned nothing other than menial tasks. Even her
cheerful spirit was misinterpreted as flattery or hypocrisy.

He testified with many other arguments, and was exhorting them, "Save
yourselves from this corrupt generation." Those who accepted his message
were baptized, and about three thousand persons were added that day. ~Acts
2:36-41

Jesus said to her, "Stop holding on to me, for I have not yet ascended to
the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them,
'I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'" Mary
went and announced to the disciples, "I have seen the Lord," and then
reported what he had told her. ~John 20:11-18

After the Resurrection people gradually come to understand what it is all
about. It would more than fulfill their wildest dreams, and great power and
energy was unleashed in them. They continue to announce the good news with
their words, and with their deeds as well.

I pray that I may come to a greater understanding of the Resurrection of our
Lord Jesus Christ.  I pray that the faith of others may be strengthened by
the way I live my faith.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Maria requests prayers for her son who is preparing for the Sacrament of
Confirmation. A mother requests prayers for her son to have successful job
interviews this week. Deb requests prayers for her son who is struggling
with job and relationship issues. Sharon requests prayers for her soldier
son who is trying to find balance between his family life and his career
choice.

Barb requests prayers for her son who is suffering with depression and
anxiety.  Matt asks for prayers for a friend who chose life and should give
birth today, and for her wonderful son. Debbie asks prayers for several
intentions.