<MP>Tuesday, 05 September 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 21:34:10 -0500

G O I N G    T O    B O S T O N

I'll be in Boston from 08-12 September for medical tests.  My eye cancer was
treated at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary ten years ago and I go back
for annual checkups.  In my absence Margie, our Pastoral Minister, will send
Morning Prayer.  Individual intentions will not appear during that time
because prayers will be prepared in advance.  Let's pray for one another's
intentions during that time.  I'll remember you and your intentions as I
visit the many Churches of Boston!

B A C K    T O    S C H O O L

Our School starts on September 5th.  This coming weekend we'll bless all
students, teachers, bus drivers, administrators, custodians, lunch room
workers, aides, university presidents, etc.  Visit the Web Site for a parish
blessing and also an individual blessing parents can pray with their
children on the first day of school, and every day if they wish.  I also
include plenty of good links for parents, children and teens.  Just follow
the link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

"I know that I will remain and continue with all of you for your progress
and joy in faith, so that I may share abundantly in your boasting in Christ
Jesus when I come to you again.  Only, live your life in a manner worthy of
the gospel of Christ, so that, whether I come and see you or am absent and
hear about you, I will know that you are standing firm in one spirit,
striving side by side with one mind for the faith of the gospel, and are in
no way intimidated by your opponents. For them this is evidence of their
destruction, but of your salvation." ~Philippians 1:25-28

Spiritual progress is the law of our being.  We can try to see around us
more and more of beauty and truth, knowledge and power.  Today we can try to
be stronger, braver, more loving as a result of what we did yesterday.  This
law of spiritual progress gives meaning and purpose to our lives.  We can
always expect better things ahead.  We can accomplish much good through the
strength of God's spirit in us.  We need not be discouraged.  The world is
sure to get better, in spite of setbacks of war, hate, and greed.  We can be
part of the cure of the world's ills, rather than part of the disease.

I pray that I may keep progressing the better life.  I pray that I may be a
part of the forces for good in the world.

Anna requests prayers for her friends son, who has been diagnosed with
dystonia, which will incapacitate him. Holly asks prayers for the sale of
their house.  Please pray for the students of our Schools and all those
returning to School today.