<MP>Tuesday, 05 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 16:16:08 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Agatha (d. 251?)
As in the case of Agnes, another virgin-martyr of the early Church, almost
nothing is historically certain about this saint except that she was
martyred in Sicily during the persecution of Emperor Decius in 251.

He took the child by the hand and said to her, "Talitha koum," which means,
"Little girl, I say to you, arise!" The girl, a child of twelve, arose
immediately and walked around. At that they were utterly astounded.
Scriptures: http://www.nccbuscc.org/nab/ ~ Mark 5:21-43

She had heard about Jesus and came up behind him in the crowd and touched
his cloak. She said, "If I but touch his clothes, I shall be cured."
Immediately her flow of blood dried up. She felt in her body that she was
healed of her affliction.  ~ Mark 5:21-43

We often go the Lord when in need of healing, for ourselves or for someone
we love. When we are in need, we summon great faith. The Lord responds with
love, sometimes granting physical healing, other times emotional healing and
strength to face a particular difficulty. We need always to remember the
source of healing in our lives.

I pray that I may approach the Lord when in need of healing.  I pray that I
may accept the physical or emotional healing and the strength God offers me.
I pray that I may then go forth to live my life with gratitude, not being
shy about speaking with others about my closeness with God.