<MP>Tuesday, 05 December 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 15:34:11 -0600

S A I N T   N I C H O L A S  -  0 6   D E C E M B E R

When December 6th comes around, many of us remember receiving small gifts
from Saint Nicholas in our shoes.  It's close to Christmas too, so we can
sometimes be tempted to think of Santa Claus at this time. It's interesting
to look a little more closely at one of the favorite Saints of all time and
the story behind his generosity and gift-giving.  Our Saint Nicholas Page is
just one of our Advent features.  Follow the link
from: www.frpat.com

A D V E N T    P A G E

Visit my Advent Page for alternative Christmas gifts, Advent ideas, prayers
and blessings, Reconciliation resources and much more.  Just follow the link
from:  www.frpat.com

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,800 in Prizes!

2007 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2007.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

"Give to everyone who begs from you; and if anyone takes away your goods, do
not ask for them again.  Do to others as you would have them do to you."
~Luke 6:30-31

We can give something to those who are having trouble, to those whose
thoughts are confused, something of our compassion, our prayers, our time,
our love, our thought, our self.  Then we can give of our own confidence, as
we have had it given to us by the grace of God.  We can give of ourselves
and of our loving compassion.  We can give our best to those who need it and
will accept it.  We can give according to need, never according to deserts.
We can remember that the giving of advice can never take the place of giving
of ourselves.

I pray that as I have received, so may I give.  I pray that I may have the
right answer to those who are confused.

I pray that I may not be in too much of a hurry.  I pray that I may take
time out often to rest with God

A mother asks prayers for her daughter who is 8 months pregnant and is in
the hospital with a large amount of blood loss. Pat asks prayers that his
son will receive positive news on the job for which he has been interviewing
and testing.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm