<MP>Tuesday, 04 November 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 18:19:40 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R S    T O    I T A L Y
We'll remember you intentions in our prayers!

Fill out the on-line form and we'll remember your prayer intentions during
our Masses and in our daily prayers during our 10-22 November Pilgrimage to
Southern Italy, Rome and the Vatican.  Just follow the banner link from:
www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

St. Charles Borromeo (1538-1584)
The name of St. Charles Borromeo is associated with reform. He lived during
the time of the Protestant Reformation, and had a hand in the reform of the
whole Church during the final years of the Council of Trent. Although he
belonged to a noble Milanese family and was related to the powerful Medici
family, he desired to devote himself to the Church. When his uncle, Cardinal
de Medici, was elected pope in 1559 as Pius IV, he made Charles
cardinal-deacon and administrator of the Archdiocese of Milan while he was
still a layman and a young student. Because of his intellectual qualities he
was entrusted with several important offices connected with the Vatican and
later appointed secretary of state with full charge of the administration of
the papal states.  For more, follow the link below:

Brothers and sisters: Have among yourselves the same attitude that is also
yours in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 2:5-11

And another said, 'I have just married a woman, and therefore I cannot
come.' The servant went and reported this to his master. Then the master of
the house in a rage commanded his servant, 'Go out quickly into the streets
and alleys of the town and bring in here the poor and the crippled, the
blind and the lame.' ~Luke 14:15-24

If we have the same attitude as Christ Jesus, we'll be humble, loving and
obedient.  Other things won't distract us from the mission set out for us.
We won't be "too busy" for God, or "too busy" for God's Kingdom.

I pray that I may have the same attitude as Christ Jesus.  I pray that I may
be a humble, loving and obedient servant, ready to God's will and to enter
His Kingdom.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Peter requests prayer for his wife who has been suffering with  leg pain
since June. Connie asks prayers  for her husband who just lost his
job...that he find a new job that is fulfilling. Alvina asks prayers that
she find a good companion in life.

Member fervently asks for prayers for our Nation that we will elect a
candidate that does not endorse abortion this coming Tuesday. Chris requests
prayers for his wife who is having a daycare licensing inspection on Tuesday
that the inspection goes well.