<MP>Tuesday, 04 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 20:44:41 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Blessed Michael Giedroyc (d. 1485)
A life of physical pain and mental torment didn't prevent Michael Giedroyc
from achieving holiness. Born near Vilnius, Lithuania, Michael suffered from
physical and permanent handicaps from birth. He was a dwarf who had the use
of only one foot. Because of his delicate physical condition, his formal
education was frequently interrupted. But over time, Michael showed special
skills at metalwork. Working with bronze and silver, he created sacred
vessels, including chalices.
He traveled to Cracow Poland, where he joined the Augustinians. He received
permission to live the life of a hermit in a cell adjoining the monastery.
There Michael spent his days in prayer, fasted and abstained from all meat
and lived to an old age. Though he knew the meaning of suffering throughout
his years, his rich spiritual life brought him consolation. Michael's long
life ended in 1485 in Cracow.

And when they arrived, they called the Church together and reported what God
had done with them and how he had opened the door of faith to the Gentiles.
Then they spent no little time with the disciples. ~Acts 14:19-28

Jesus said to his disciples: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to
you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be
troubled or afraid. ~John 14:27-31a

Jesus wants us to have peace.  He spent time after the Resurrection with his
disciples to let them know that they were never alone.  We are never alone
either, and we can trust that the Lord is with us now and always.

I pray that I may never be afraid.  I pray that I may know the Lord's
presence with me always.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Lois requests prayers for a friend who is hospitalized with a bleeding
ulcer. Marilyn asks prayers for her two grandsons who are deployed to
Afghanistan that Our Lord will keep them safe as well as all others in
service and in thanksgiving for the safe delivery of her granddaughter's
baby boy. Judy requests prayers for two intentions.

A parish member requests prayers for continued guidance and discernment as
he decides whether to accept a part-time job offer. Heather asks prayer for
her new and growing family. Wife requests prayers for her husband for
improvement in health.

Sally asks for prayers for her children who are driving cross country
returning home from college for their safe travel on their way home. Nikita
requests prayers for special intentions in regards to this week.