<MP>Tuesday, 04 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 23:05:23 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  The brochure will be available at the Web Site very soon.  $2699 from
Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure is available in
Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  They're available in English and Spanish as well.  Visit the
Stations every day during Lent.  They've been newly illustrated by the 4th
Graders of Saint Pat's School. I think you'll like them a great deal. Here's
the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit all my Lenten pages.  There are many resources, including resources
for Reconciliation (Confession), a great Examination of Conscience, and even
a "printable" Credit Card to Heaven that contains all the words you'll need
for Confession except the sins.  So, even if you haven't been to Confession
for 92 years, this can be the year for your!  Just follow the banner link
from:  www.frpat.com

St. Casimir (1458-1483)
Casimir, born of kings and in line (third among 13 children) to be a king
himself, was filled with exceptional values and learning by a great teacher,
John Dlugosz. Even his critics could not say that his conscientious
objection indicated softness. Even as a teenager, Casimir lived a highly
disciplined, even severe life, sleeping on the ground, spending a great part
of the night in prayer and dedicating himself to lifelong celibacy. For
more, click the link below:

Wherever the river flows, every sort of living creature that can multiply
shall live, and there shall be abundant fish,
for wherever this water comes the sea shall be made fresh.  ~ Ezekiel
47:1-9, 12

The sick man answered him, "Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when
the water is stirred up; while I am on my way, someone else gets down there
before me." Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your mat, and walk."
Immediately the man became well, took up his mat, and walked.  ~ John 5:1-16

Where there is water there is life.  If there is no water, we cannot live.
Water brings abundance. How simple, for the sick man to be put into the pool
and then be healed.  So ordinary, yet so extraordinary.  May we be grateful
for the water God gives us ... to provide life ... and through Baptism,
eternal life.

I pray that I may appreciate all God has given me, especially the gift of
water.  As I may never be far from water, may I also always tap into the
waters of my Baptism, the I may have abundance ... and in the end, eternal
life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Juanita asks prayers of thanksgiving for saving her brother and that God
will help her find a job to serve Him more. Kathy asks prayers for her uncle
who is in the hospital and very ill. A members asks prayers for the recovery
of his wife who fell last night and is hospitalized with a severe
concussion. Marisa asks for prayers for herself that God will help me let go
of a relationship if that is his will, or bring the person back into my life
if he is the one.

Bonnie asks prayers for someone who has breast cancer. Dolly asks prayer for
2 special intentions and for her friend to have a complete healing of her
colon cancer. Connie asks prayers of thanksgiving for her sister who is now
7 years cancer free, and prays that  the Lord continues to bless her and
keep her well. Jackie asks prayers that her son will be able to nurture the
relationship and grow toward marriage.

Debbie gives prayers of thanks for a friends 1 year old granddaughter who
has been gravely ill but survived her 2nd surgery, please continue to pray
for her healing. Geneva asks prayers for her granddaughter who lost twins,
that she may accept this and get on with her life. Tom asks prayers for a
special intention.

A member request prayer for her Son's marriage to be healed. Frank &
Josephine request prayers for their son critically ill with an unknown virus
in his brain. Carole asks prayers for her sister who has been diagnosed with
breast cancer. Pete asks prayers for his son who is having surgery to repair
his kidney.

Anna Jane asks prayers that Father Pat may have healing in his eye and I
pray that God gives him the strength to endear the pain and in Thanksgiving
for Father Pat who is so wonderful and a blessing to so many including
myself. Bev ask prayers that her daughter will go back to college and grow
in maturity and she asks prayers that the chemo treatment for her
sister-in-law will cure her cancer. Kim asks prayers for husband's grandma
who's had a stroke and not doing well.

Kathy asks for prayers for her nephew who needs guidance with life decisions
after graduation. Leslie B. gives thanks for the constant presence of the
Holy Trinity , especially during this time in her life.  Jackie asks prayers
that her husband will get the right job.