<MP>Tuesday, 04 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 16:01:17 -0600

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

A D V E N T    P A G E S
Our Advent Pages are up and running ... from links to alternative Christmas
gifts to much more.  Just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

A D V E N T    S A I N T S
Follow the links from www.frpat.com for more about Saint Nicholas (December
6th), Saint Juan Diego (December 9th) and Our Lady of Guadalupe (December
12th).

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John Damascene (676?-749)
John spent most of his life in the monastery of St. Sabas, near Jerusalem,
and all of his life under Muslim rule, indeed, protected by it. He was born
in Damascus, received a classical and theological education, and followed
his father in a government position under the Arabs. After a few years he
resigned and went to the monastery of St. Sabas.

For more, Click the Link below:

"Then the wolf shall be a guest of the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down
with the kid; The calf and the young lion shall browse together, with a
little child to guide them."  ~Isaiah 11:1-10

Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I give you praise, Father, Lord
of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise
and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike."  ~Luke 10:21-24

Our first reading today is one of the most beautiful in all of Sacred
Scripture. We can imagine a wolf being guest of the lamb ... a time when
enemies get along.  In the Gospel we hear how God has hidden many things
from the wise and learned by has revealed them to the childlike.  Children
are not sophisticated enough to prejudge, to look for differences, to take
advantage of those around them. They simply want to be friends.

I pray that I may be like a little child.  I pray that I can set aside my
prejudices and get involved in working for the justices that leads to
lasting peace ... for me and those around me.