<MP>Tuesday, 04 August 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 20:53:08 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John Vianney (1786-1859)
A man with vision overcomes obstacles and performs deeds that seem
impossible. John Vianney was a man with vision: He wanted to become a
priest. But he had to overcome his meager formal schooling, which
inadequately prepared him for seminary studies. His failure to comprehend
Latin lectures forced him to discontinue. But his vision of being a priest
urged him to seek private tutoring. After a lengthy battle with the books,
John was ordained.

Situations calling for "impossible" deeds followed him everywhere. As pastor
of the parish at Ars, John encountered people who were indifferent and quite
comfortable with their style of living. His vision led him through severe
fasts and short nights of sleep. (Some devils can only be cast out by prayer
and fasting.)   For more, follow the link below:

Throughout my house he bears my trust: face to face I speak to him; plainly
and not in riddles. The presence of the LORD he beholds. ~Numbers 12:1-13

Peter got out of the boat and began to walk on the water toward Jesus. But
when he saw how strong the wind was he became frightened; and, beginning to
sink, he cried out, "Lord, save me!" Immediately Jesus stretched out his
hand and caught him, and said to him, "O you of little faith, why did you
doubt?" After they got into the boat, the wind died down.
Those who were in the boat did him homage, saying, "Truly, you are the Son
of God."  ~Matthew 14:22-36

"Why did you doubt?"  Like Peter, we can easily falter.  We know what is
possible for us and it is difficult for us to imagine what is possible for
God. Like Moses in our First Reading, we can trust in God and speak in the
name of God. We can know that God does mighty deeds, and sometimes touches
others through us.

I pray that I may trust fully in God.  I pray that I may not falter when
God's power seems overwhelming and his works even seem impossible.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Kathy asks prayers for a special intention. Helen asks prayers for a special
intention. Marilynn asks prayers for special intentions.

George asks prayers for his wife who will be undergoing medical tests soon,
that they will show her to be in good health. Carole asks prayers for her
friend, who is being prepared for a stem cell transplant. A Mom asks prayers
for her daughter and her husband as their due date is close, that their
labor and delivery of their first child goes well for them...and the baby is
healthy.

Please pray for Ann is having tremors and vertigo, drs think it might be
Parkinson. A member asks for prayers for her cousin whose cancer is
progressing rapidly and for four other family and friends recently diagnosed
with cancer. Joanne asks for prayers for herself, that she finds the job
that is right for her. Please pray for Audra, a teenage who beings radiation
treatments for brain cancer on Wednesday.