<MP>Tuesday, 03 June 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:20:48 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 12 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

Sts. Marcellinus and Peter (d. 304)
Marcellinus and Peter were prominent enough in the memory of Church to be
included among the saints of the Roman Canon. Mention of their names is
optional in our present Eucharistic Prayer I.
Marcellinus For more, follow the link below:

Therefore, beloved, since you are forewarned, be on your guard not to be led
into the error of the unprincipled and to fall from your own stability. But
grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. To
him be glory now and to the day of eternity. Amen.  1 Peter 1:12-15a, 17-18

"Why are you testing me? Bring me a denarius to look at." They brought one
to him and he said to them, "Whose image and inscription is this?" They
replied to him, "Caesar's." So Jesus said to them, "Repay to Caesar what
belongs to Caesar
and to God what belongs to God." They were utterly amazed at him.  ~Mark
12:13-17

God wants us to be honest. It often seems that others are not as concerned
about this. Jesus gives an honest and perplexing answer to a question
designed to blame and get rid of him. He didn't shrink from controversy or
fear.  His honest life won more and more disciples as he strove to usher in
the Kingdom of God.

I pray that I may live an honest and courageous life.  I pray that when I'm
tested that God may give me the words.  I pray that the Kingdom of God on
earth may grow because of my humble works.