<MP>Tuesday, 03 April 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 21:29:12 -0500

H O L Y    W E E K    2 0 0 7

You'll find materials on Reconciliation, an Examination of Conscience and
even a Credit Card to Heaven.  Be sure to visit our ON-LINE STATIONS OF THE
CROSS.  I've written them for children and adults alike.  They've been newly
illustrated this year by the 4th Graders at our own Saint Patrick's School
and are available in English and Spanish as well.  See a description of each
of the days of Holy Week, along with some great photos! Just follow the link
from:

   www.frpat.com

D I V I N E    M E R C Y    N O V E N A

It starts an Good Friday.  For the novena and a pledge form, visit my Web
Site and click the Divine Mercy link!

       www.frpat.com

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
04-15 November.  The brochure is now on line!
$2599 from Minneapolis, $2499 from JFK in New York

This Holy Week you'll hear many places in the Holy Land mentioned in the
Scriptures.  We'll visit most if not all of them on our November Pilgrimage
to the Holy Land. Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up
any time now, and we expect this one to fill up quickly. Gary says the Holy
Land has been their most popular destination!  Why not sign up on Holy Week.
And, if you sign up, let me know so I can keep track of the group! Just
follow the link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

=:  S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

"The greatest among you will be your servant.  All who exalt themselves will
be humbled, and all who humble themselves will be exalted."  ~Matthew
23:11-12

=:  M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

We can remember that the first quality of greatness is service.  In a way,
God is the greatest servant of all, because God is always waiting for us to
ask for help in all the good work we do.  God's strength is always available
to us, but we can ask it of God through our own free will.  It is a free
gift, but we can sincerely seek it.  A life of service is the finest life we
can live.  We are here on earth to serve others.  That is our mission, and a
sign of how well we do God's work here on earth!

=: P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may cooperate with God in all good things.  I pray that I may
serve God and others and so lead a useful and happy life.

Lynn asks prayers for her son who is applying for a new job on Thursday.
Francis, recovering from quadruple bypass surgery, asks our prayers. Jeanne
requests prayers of thanks for a great checkup for her granddaughter.

Diane asks prayers for a friend who has just been diagnosed with lung
cancer. Nancy from Pa requests prayers for the 79-year-old priest who lives
in residence at her parish and who also helps with Masses and parish life
and is having back surgery on Holy Thursday that the surgery may be
successful and free him of his pain. Corrie asks prayers for her son who is
addicted to drugs.

Nikita requests prayers for her family who has loss another family member.
Sheila asks prayers for a friend who is fighting cancer. Larry asks for
prayers that his upcoming surgery for prostate cancer will be successful.
Lisa requests prayers for my mother who has an inoperable cancerous tumor on
her lung and is undergoing radiation and chemo. Please pray for Tom and Jim
who have died, and for their families and friends.

Frieda asks prayers for her husband, that his recovery will be good. Bill
asks for prayers for his elderly sister who broke her hip. Jo Ann requests
prayers for special intentions for her son and his family. Nancy asks
prayers for a special intention. Sister Frances asks prayers for someone who
is sick and will have serious surgery. Linda asks prayers for a special
intention and for the poor souls in purgatory.