<MP>Tuesday, 02 September 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 18:55:41 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

B A C K    T O    S C H O O L

It's Back-to-School time.  The yellow buses will be coming soon!  Visit my
Web Site for my Back-to-School page.  It includes great links, a blessing
that may be done in Church and another you can use as a family before your
kids leave for School on the first day, and every day if you'd like!  Just
follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, FOUR from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

Blessed John Francis Burté and Companions (d. 1792; d. 1794)
These priests were victims of the French Revolution. Though their martyrdom
spans a period of several years, they stand together in the Church?s memory
because they all gave their lives for the same principle. The Civil
Constitution of the Clergy (1791) required all priests to take an oath which
amounted to a denial of the faith. Each of these men refused and was
executed.  For more, follow the link below:

We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God,
so that we may understand the things freely given us by God. ~1 Corinthians
2:10b-16

For with authority and power he commands the unclean spirits, and they come
out.? And news of him spread everywhere in the surrounding region. ~Luke
4:31-37

The wisdom of the world leads us to a dead end.  We can work our whole life
long and earn lots of money, gain some prestige and power and the feeling
that we're insulated from the troubles of the world.  Then we can come to
see that the things that we have worked for cannot do that at all. We can
easily neglect the best part of life, building up our relationship with God
and those around us and storing up treasures that last forever.

I pray that I may be attuned to the Spirit who is from God.  I pray that I
may build up my relationship with God and those around me that I may store
up treasures that will last forever.