<MP>Tuesday, 02 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 22:38:34 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

L A S T    C H A N C E    F O R    H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
ONLY TWO SEATS REMAIN ... three more signed up on Monday.
Seats will be ticketed on October 4th.
If you're interested in joining us, CALL PENTECOST TOURS right away:
       800 713-9800

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Thus says the Lord: "See, I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on
the way and bring you to the place I have prepared."  ~Exodus 23:20-23

"The Lord has put angels in charge of you, to guard you in all your ways."
~Psalm 191

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that
their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father."
~Matthew 18:1-5, 10

The Guardian Angels
Saint Basil the Great (died 378) taught that "each and every member of the
faithful has a Guardian Angel to protect, guard, and guide them through
life." As children we learned the "Angel of God" prayer, and were reminded
that God is with us always, protecting, guarding and guiding us.

Sacred Scripture mentions Archangels and Angels that protect, guard and
guide us through life. We might think back to our childhood and the comfort
we took in having a Guardian Angel. Today we have the same need for
protection, guarding and guidance. We can know through our Guardian Angels
that God is with us every moment of our life, ready to help us.

I pray that I may know that God is with me always. I pray that I may not see
my Guardian Angel as something childish, but a reminder of God's offer of
protection and guidance today and always.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Reb asks prayers for two intentions. Juanita asks prayers for personal
intentions and the success of the search this coming weekend. Ann asks
prayers for her parish priest who has suffered a heart attack, it was
discovered he had two bleeding ulcers as well. A mother requests prayers for
her son and daughter-in-law to resolve their marriage problems.

Mother requests prayers for her daughter who dislikes her job intensely,
that God will help her and also help her grandson who is having serious
problems. Ruth asks prayers for her sister who needs the Lord's peace. Bob
asks prayers for his daughter who is hospitalized for psychiatric and
alcohol abuse problems. Lorrie asks prayers for a special intention.