<MP>Tuesday, 02 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 00:17:22 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 20
or fewer seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my
Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

F A C E B B O O K
Become a fan of: Fr. Pat's Morning Prayer and Fr. Pat's This Weekend on
Facebook.  Also our first Fish Fry of the season is this Friday. Become a
fan of: St. Patz Lenten Fish Fries

M A R K    T W A I N    P A G E
Many years ago I created a page for my favorite author, Mark Twain. Most
of the links no longer worked so I redid the page.  There are lots of
great quotes and links.  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Agnes of Bohemia (1205-1282)
Agnes had no children of her own but was certainly life-giving for all who
knew her. Agnes was the daughter of Queen Constance and King Ottokar I of
Bohemia. At the age of three, she was betrothed to the Duke of Silesia,
who died three years later. As she grew up, she decided she wanted to
enter the religious life. After declining marriages to King Henry VII of
Germany and Henry III of England, Agnes was faced with a proposal from
Frederick II, the Holy Roman Emperor. She appealed to Pope Gregory IX for
help. The pope was persuasive; Frederick magnanimously said that he could
not be offended if Agnes preferred the King of Heaven to him.

Though your sins be like scarlet, they may become white as snow; Though
they be crimson red, they may become white as wool. ~Isaiah 1:10, 16-20

Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying, ?The scribes and
the Pharisees have taken their seat on the chair of Moses. Therefore, do
and observe all things whatsoever they tell you, but do not follow their
example. ~Matthew 23:1-12

We can follow the right path or the wrong one. The wrong path is filled
with self-indulgence. We can use our power to boss others around. But they
are not to follow our example.  We can approach the Lord and ask
forgiveness knowing that our sins "may become white as snow." Then we can
lead lives of humble service to those around us.

I pray that I may be a humble person, not controling others, but leading
them down the right path by living a life of humble service to those
around me.

Haiti and Chile. We pray for great respect for life from natural
conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.