<MP>Tuesday, 02 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 18:22:54 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse - 9 seats
remain.
Brochure, sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:

Sts. Marcellinus and Peter (d. 304)
Marcellinus and Peter were prominent enough in the memory of Church to be
included among the saints of the Roman Canon. Mention of their names is
optional in our present Eucharistic Prayer I. Marcellinus was a priest and
Peter was an exorcist, that is, someone authorized by the Church to deal
with cases of demonic possession. They were beheaded during the persecution
of Diocletian. Pope Damasus wrote an epitaph apparently based on the report
of their executioner, and Constantine erected a basilica over the crypt in
which they were buried in Rome. Numerous legends sprang from an early
account of their death.

For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice but rather of power and love
and self-control. So do not be ashamed of your testimony to our Lord, nor of
me, a prisoner for his sake; but bear your share of hardship for the Gospel
with the strength that comes from God. ~2 Timothy 1:1-3, 6-12

He is not God of the dead but of the living. ~Mark 12:18-27

God did not give us a spirit of cowardice but of power and love and
self-control. We need to use this spirit to do God's will in our lives, to
live the plan God has marked out for us.  We may not understated all things,
but we *can* understand God's call, accept our share of hardship for the
Gospel, and use the strength that comes to us from God.

I pray that I may not succumb to cowardice, but embrace power, love and
self-control. I pray that I may use God's strength in order to follow the
path God sets out for me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Barbara asks prayers for her husband who has lung cancer, that he will have
the courage and willingness to take care of himself. Denise asks prayers for
her sister-in-law to recover from the death of her husband