<MP>Tuesday, 02 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 21:52:54 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

M Y    S T E M    C E L L    T R A N S P L A N T
I began the process at Mayo Clinic in Rochester on 01 December. Visit my Web
Site for a complete description.  Just follow the front page link from:
www.frpat.com   There will also be daily updates here:
www.frpat.com/mayoblog

.=:  A D V E N T     P A G E S  :=.

Our Advent Pages are up and running. There are special pages for Saint
Nicholas (December 6), Our Lady of Guadalupe, Juan Diego and more.  There
are Advent resources and special blessings for Advent, our Nativity Scene,
Christmas Tree, Advent Wreath and more.  There are resources for
Reconciliation available in both English and Spanish. Visit our Web Site and
click the banner link from: www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

Blessed Rafal Chylinski (1694-1741)
Born near Buk in the Poznan region of Poland, Melchior showed early signs of
religious devotion; family members nicknamed him "the little monk." After
completing his studies at the Jesuit college in Poznan, Melchior joined the
cavalry and was promoted to the rank of officer within three years.  For
more, follow the link below:

Then the wolf shall be a guest of the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down
with the kid; The calf and the young lion shall browse together, with a
little child to guide them. The cow and the bear shall be neighbors,
together their young shall rest; the lion shall eat hay like the ox. ~Isaiah
11:1-10

Justice shall flourish in his time, and fullness of peace for ever. ~Psalm
72

Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I give you praise, Father, Lord
of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise
and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike.  ~Luke 10:21-24

"Justice shall flourish in his time, and fullness of peace for ever."
Justice is the key to Isaiah's dream. There can be no peace without justice.
When there is justice, people lose interest in getting what others have.
They're satisfied with their condition.  The wolf can be a guest of the
lamb.  And the things "hidden from the wise and the learned have been
revealed to the childlike. Power, prestige, money, the values of the world
... none of these are very important when there is justice.

I pray that I may work for the justice that leads to lasting peace.  I pray
that I may always remember that power, prestige, money, and making myself
look better are all elusive and unsatisfying values of the world.  I pray
that I may work for the things that last forever.