<MP>Tuesday, 02 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 16:32:02 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Those who have been born of God do not sin, because God's seed abides in
them; they cannot sin, because they have been born of God."  ~1 John 3:9

God is always ready to pour blessings into our hearts in generous measure.
But like the seed-sowing, the ground must be prepared before the seed is
dropped in.  It is our task to prepare the soil.  It is God's to drop the
seed.  This preparation of the soil means many days of right living,
choosing the right and avoiding the wrong.  As we go along, each day we are
better prepared for God's planting, until we reach the time of harvest. Then
we can share the harvest with God--the harvest of a useful and more abundant
life.

I pray that my way of living may be properly prepared day by day.  I pray
that I may strive to make myself ready for the harvest which God has planted
in my heart.