<MP>Thursday, 31 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:47:00 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE IS SATURDAY!

   EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE IS AUGUST 2nd!
   SIGN UP & PAY DEPOSIT BY THEN AND SAVE $100!

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** At least 16 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already
been taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Ignatius of Loyola (1491-1556)
The founder of the Jesuits was on his way to military fame and fortune when
a cannon ball shattered his leg. Because there were no books of romance on
hand during his convalescence, he whiled away the time reading a life of
Christ and lives of the saints. His conscience was deeply touched, and a
long, painful turning to Christ began.  For more, follow the link below:

Indeed, like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, house of
Israel. ~Jeremiah 8:1-6

Jesus said to the disciples: "The Kingdom of heaven is like a net thrown
into the sea, which collects fish of every kind. When it is full they haul
it ashore and sit down to put what is good into buckets. What is bad they
throw away. Thus it will be at the end of the age. ~Matthew 13:47-53

God calls us to do something valuable with our lives.  In order for us to
find the right direction it is good for us to listen to God, then to allow
him to mold us and our lives as a potter would form a pot or dish. When we
allow this to happen we begin to produce such good that it is amazing not
just to us, but to those around us as well.  And in the end we'll be sorted
into the bucket of all that is good!

I pray that I may seek God's will for me, then allow him to mold me and form
me more and more into His image.  I pray that I may help others draw near to
God by the good and holy life I live.