<MP>Thursday, 31 January 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 15:28:48 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John Bosco (1815-1888)
John Bosco's theory of education could well be used in today's schools. It
was a preventive system, rejecting corporal punishment and placing students
in surroundings removed from the likelihood of committing sin. He advocated
frequent reception of the sacraments of Penance and Holy Communion. He
combined catechetical training and fatherly guidance, seeking to unite the
spiritual life with one's work, study and play.

Do, then, bless the house of your servant that it may be before you forever;
for you, Lord GOD, have promised,and by your blessing the house of your
servant shall be blessed forever." ~ 2 Samuel 7:18-19, 24-29

Jesus said to his disciples, "Is a lamp brought in to be placed under a
bushel basket or under a bed, and not to be placed on a lampstand?  ~ Mark
4:21-25

Jesus came to us to bring light into the midst of darkness. God blesses us
and our homes and families.  Jesus calls us to appreciate the light he puts
in us and to place it on a lampstand, not under a bushel basket.

I pray that I may appreciate Jesus' gift of life.  I pray that I may
appreciate the light of Christ within me and share it with those around me,
especially those who live in darkness.