<MP>Thursday, 31 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 07:21:29 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

H A P P Y    N E W    Y E A R
Have a Happy, Healthy and Holy New Year! Remember that New Year's Day is
the Solemnity of the Blessed Virgin Mary the Mother of God ... and a Holy
Day of Obligation.  Attend Mass here at Saint Pat's if you can, or attend
a Mass near you.  Masses here: 5:15 p.m. New Year's Eve, 9:15 a.m. New
Year's Day.

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
ITINERARY: We're very close to having an Itinerary for the Ireland
Pilgrimage.  Watch for the tentative itinarery on my Web Site
(www.frpat.com) later today!
Ireland Pilgrimage are 18-28 October 2010. Air Space has now
been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin.
More information and a complete itinerary will be on the way very soon!
Keep this great Pilgrimage in the back of your mind ... or start saving
your nickels. I'll let you know when firm dates and other information is
available. For now, let's pray for the success of this wonderful
Pilgrimage! If you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for
informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Sylvester I
When you think of this pope, you think of the Edict of Milan, the
emergence of the Church from the catacombs, the building of the great
basilicas, Saint John Lateran, Saint Peter?s and others, the Council of
Nicaea and other critical events. But for the most part, these events were
planned or brought about by Emperor Constantine. A great store of legends
has grown up around the man who was pope at this most important time, but
very little can be established historically. We know for sure that his
papacy lasted from 314 until his death in 335. Reading between the lines
of history, we are assured that only a very strong and wise man could
havepreserved the essential independence of the Church in the face of the
overpowering figure of the Emperor Constantine. The bishops in general
remained loyal to the Holy See and at times expressed apologies to
Sylvester for undertaking important ecclesiastical projects at the urging
of Constantine.    For more, follow this link:

But you have the anointing that comes from the Holy One, and you all have
knowledge. I write to you not because you do not know the truth but
because you do, and because every lie is alien to the truth. ~1 John
2:18-21

John testified to him and cried out, saying, ?This was he of whom I said,
?The one who is coming after me ranks ahead of me because he existed
before me.? ?From his fullness we have all received, grace in place of
grace, because while the law was given through Moses, grace and truth came
through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God. The only-begotten Son,
God, who is at the Father?s side, has revealed him.  ~John 1:l-18

Scripture for the Day: http://www.usccb.org/nab/

John knew of the Savior to come, and was very aware of the presence of
evil in the world. He knew his job was to point the way to the Savior and
to preach and baptize for repentance leading to the forgiveness of sin. As
we are inspired by His example we know that he continues to point the way
for us as well.  Our mission is to follow the Lord, and to point the way
to Him with our lives as well.

I pray that I may respect the power of evil but to know the overwhelming
power that comes to us through our Savior.  I pray that I may continue to
seek the Lord and to point the way to Him with my life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!