<MP>Thursday, 31 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:01:00 -0500

Fatima / Lourdes/ Spain /France 2006
Ticketing Deadline!

October 2-13, 2006.  Several seats may still be available. Seats will be
ticketed on 02 September.  If you'd like to join us, act now!

As always, the Pilgrimage Brochure, map of our travels, links to our Hotels
and much more are available at my Web Site.  Just click the link from:

        www.frpat.com

B A C K    T O    S C H O O L

Our School starts on September 5th.  This coming weekend we'll bless all
students, teachers, bus drivers, administrators, custodians, lunch room
workers, aides, university presidents, etc.  Visit the Web Site for a parish
blessing and also an individual blessing parents can pray with their
children on the first day of school, and every day if they wish.  I also
include plenty of good links for parents, children and teens.  Just follow
the link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged; do not condemn, and you will not
be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given
to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be
put into your lap; for the measure you give will be the measure you get
back."  ~Luke 6:37-38

We can try not to give way to criticism, blame, scorn or judgment of others,
when we are trying to help them.  Effectiveness in helping others depends on
controlling ourselves.  We may be swept away by a temporary natural urge to
criticize or blame, unless we keep a tight rein on our emotions.  We can
have a firm foundation of spiritual living which makes us truly humble, if
we are going to really help other people.  We can go easy on them and be
hard on ourselves.  That is the way we can be used most to uplift a
despairing spirit.  We need not seek personal recognition for what we are
used by God to accomplish.

I pray that I may try to avoid judgment and criticism.  I pray that I may
always try to build up others instead of tearing them down.

Marilynn requests prayers for her mother who is being treated for breathing
problems. Dorothy asks prayers for her 17 year-old niece who has been
suffering from mental illness for most of her young life. Greg request
prayers for his brother-in-law who will be starting 14 days of radiation
treatment for cancer.

Denise asks for prayers for a friend at work who died yesterday during heart
surgery, and for God's comfort for her husband and family. Luvina requests
prayers for her entire family and herself as they face each new day, for
God's guidance, protection and getting along with each other.

Jane and her husband ask prayers that they may make the correct choice of
doctors. Mom requests prayers for son who was injured in bike accident, that
he may heal quickly. A mother asks for a prompt diagnosis and treatment for
her daughter with debilitating headaches, stomachaches and fatigue. Bridget,
a member requests prayer for guidance, that she may find what it is, she is
in search of.