<MP>Thursday, 30 September 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 18:09:44 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Jerome (345-420)
Most of the saints are remembered for some outstanding virtue or devotion
which they practiced, but Jerome is frequently remembered for his bad
temper! It is true that he had a very bad temper and could use a vitriolic
pen, but his love for God and his Son Jesus Christ was extraordinarily
intense; anyone who taught error was an enemy of God and truth, and St.
Jerome went after him or her with his mighty and sometimes sarcastic pen. He
was above all a Scripture scholar, translating most of the Old Testament
from the Hebrew. He also wrote commentaries which are a great source of
scriptural inspiration for us today. He was an avid student, a thorough
scholar, a prodigious letter-writer and a consultant to monk, bishop and
pope. St. Augustine said of him, "What Jerome is ignorant of, no mortal has
ever known."   For more, follow the link below:

Let my tongue be silenced if I ever forget you! ~Psalm 137

Jesus answered him, "No one who sets a hand to the plow and looks to what
was left behind is fit for the Kingdom of God." ~Luke 9:57-62

We can make many excuses in our lives.  Although we claim to be people of
faith, we say we'll do "faith" things when the time is right, or when we get
around to it. Jesus reminds us that the first thing on our agenda should be
to live our faith and help others. "No one who sets a hand to the plow and
looks to what was left behind is fit for the Kingdom of God."

I pray that I may put my faith into action each day.  I pray that I may not
put off living my faith until the time is right, or until I get "around to
it."

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Rosemary requests prayers for her son-in-law who lost his job last November.
Judi asks prayers for a special intention. Bill asks for prayers for a
friend who has important decisions to make, that they may be in accord with
God's will. Josie asks for prayers for someone and her husband who refuses
to go to Retrouvaille for help with their marriage.

Kristine asks prayers for her husband and brother who have stage 4 cancer
and sister and son who have severe addictions. Margaret asks prayers for a
special intention. A member from Mississippi asks for prayers for all those
who are struggling with addictions, that the Lord will heal them of these
addictions and lead them to the Truth.

A member requests prayers for a teenager in the Houston area with Swine Flu,
pneumonia and major complications, that he will recover. A member asks help
for the eternal repose of the souls of those who died in the flood in the
Philippines, and the survival of those who lost everything. Betty asks for
prayers for husband who has bone cancer.