<MP>Thursday, 30 November 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 18:07:05 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the
mountains shake in the heart of the sea;  though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble with its tumult."  ~Psalm 46:1-3

"God is our refuge and strength."  God is a sanctuary, a refuge from the
cares of life.  We can get away from the misunderstandings of others by
retiring into our own place of meditation.  But from ourselves, from our
sense of failure, our weakness, our shortcomings, where can we flee? Only to
the eternal God, our refuge, until the immensity of God's spirit envelopes
our spirit and it loses its smallness and weakness and comes into harmony
again with God's.

I pray that I may lose my limitations in the immensity of God's love.
I pray that my spirit may be in harmony with God's spirit.

Ray asks for prayers for her family who need turn to God in their trials.
Denise requests prayers for a friend who has been out of work for some time,
for God's help in finding a job in her field of expertise. Toni requests
prayers for her son-in-law  to find a job, he's been  out of work for a long
time.

Marian asks prayers for her niece who is planning to leave her good
Christian home. Sheila asks prayers for her close friend who is having
difficulty coping with a serious bone break in several places. Pat asks
prayers for his son that he may pass all the requirements of his new job
offer.

Sherry asks prayers for financial help. Bettye asks prayers that her doctor
visits on Thursday go well and that no surgery will be required for lump in
her neck. Mark asks prayers for his friend who lost his father suddenly to
cancer.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm