<MP>Thursday, 29 June 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 20:20:02 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"For this reason, since the day we heard it, we have not ceased praying for
you and asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of God's will in
all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you may lead lives worthy of
the Lord, fully pleasing to him, as you bear fruit in every good work and as
you grow in the knowledge of God." ~Colossians 1:9-10

Our lives are a preparation for something better to come.  God has a plan
for our lives and it will work out, if we try to do God's will. God has
things planned for us, far beyond what we can imagine now. But we can
prepare ourselves so that we will be ready for the better things to come.
Now is the time for discipline and prayer.  The time of expression will come
later.  Life can be flooded through and through with joy and gladness.  So
we can prepare ourselves for those better things to come.

I pray that I may prepare myself for better things which God has in store
for me.  I pray that I may trust God for the future.

Mary requests prayers for a friend whose sister died yesterday and the
family refuses to speak to her, that they will be reconciled. Dolly asks
prayers for someone to have a good relationship with her boss. Kathy
requests prayers for a friend who is pregnant and has a sugar level of 500.
A member asks for prayers that she gets over her deep depression and over
her drinking problem which she thinks helps her.