<MP>Thursday, 28 May 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 16:32:05 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Mary Ann of Jesus of Paredes (1614-1645)
Mary Ann grew close to God and his people during her short life.
The youngest of eight, Mary Ann was born in Quito, Ecuador, which had been
brought under Spanish control in 1534. She joined the Secular Franciscans
and led a life of prayer and penance at home, leaving her parents' house
only to go to church and to perform some work of charity. She established in
Quito a clinic and a school for Africans and indigenous Americans. When a
plague broke out, she nursed the sick and died shortly thereafter. She was
canonized by Pope Pius XII in 1950.  For more, follow the link below:

The dispute was so serious that the commander, afraid that Paul would be
torn to pieces by them, ordered his troops to go down and rescue Paul from
their midst and take him into the compound. The following night the Lord
stood by him and said, "Take courage. For just as you have borne witness to
my cause in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness in Rome." ~Acts 22:30,
23:6-11

Father, they are your gift to me. I wish that where I am they also may be
with me, that they may see my glory that you gave me, because you loved me
before the foundation of the world. Righteous Father, the world also does
not know you,
but I know you, and they know that you sent me. I made known to them your
name and I will make it known, that the love with which you loved me may be
in them and I in them." ~John 17:20-26

Just when Paul was able to see that he would survive without being torn to
pieces he was told," For just as you have borne witness to my cause in
Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness in Rome." God continues to call,
and also to provide the strength we need to respond. We are never alone.

I pray that I may always hear God's call in my life.  I pray that, when
God's call is difficult, I may remember that He is with me to give the
strength and courage I need.