<MP>Thursday, 27 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 20:52:26 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
The Dollar vs. the Euro -  Good news for travelers ... the Euro is not at
about $1.25 compared with $1.60 on 31 December
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Augustine of Canterbury (d. 605?)
In the year 596, some 40 monks set out from Rome to evangelize the
Anglo-Saxons in England. Leading the group was Augustine, the prior of their
monastery in Rome. Hardly had he and his men reached Gaul (France) when they
heard stories of the ferocity of the Anglo-Saxons and of the treacherous
waters of the English Channel. Augustine returned to Rome and to the pope
who had sent them?St. Gregory the Great (September 3 )?only to be assured by
him that their fears were groundless. Augustine again set out and this time
the group crossed the English Channel and landed in the territory of Kent,
ruled by King Ethelbert, a pagan married to a Christian. Ethelbert received
them kindly, set up a residence for them in Canterbury and within the year,
on Pentecost Sunday, 597, was himself baptized. After being consecrated a
bishop in France, Augustine returned to Canterbury, where he founded his
see. He constructed a church and monastery near where the present cathedral,
begun in 1070, now stands. As the faith spread, additional sees were
established at London and Rochester.

Beloved, I urge you as aliens and sojourners to keep away from worldly
desires that wage war against the soul. Maintain good conduct among the
Gentiles, so that if they speak of you as evildoers, they may observe your
good works and glorify God on the day of visitation. ~1 Peter 2:2-5, 9-12

The blind man replied to him, ?Master, I want to see.? Jesus told him, ?Go
your way; your faith has saved you.? Immediately he received his sight and
followed him on the way. ~Mark 10:46-52

We're asked to see clearly.  We need to stay away from the worldly desires
that wage war against the soul. Our good works can attract others to deeper
faith.

I pray that I may avoid worldly desires that wage war against my soul. I
pray my good works can draw others closer to Christ.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A mother requests prayers for he daughter who needs to make Christ the
priority in her life so that she can move forward in His footsteps. Luvina
requests prayers for guidance for her daughter and friend and her
granddaughter. Member asks for prayers for  friend who has lung  cancer,
that he may find peace, strength and hope and also for grandson with
drinking and social problems. An aunt requests prayers for her niece and
fiancé who will enter a civil marriage, that they will return to the Church
and enter into a sacramental marriage in the near future.