<MP>Thursday, 27 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:42:45 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

When Peter saw this, he addressed the people, "You children of Israel, why
are you amazed at this, and why do you look so intently at us as if we had
made him walk by our own power or piety?  ~ Acts 5:11-26

"Thus it is written that the Christ would suffer and rise from the dead on
the third day and that repentance, for the forgiveness of sins, would be
preached in his name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are
witnesses of these things."  ~ Luke 24:35-48

People simply couldn't believe the signs and wonders worked by the apostles
of Jesus after His resurrection. They needed to remind the people that they
did make the crippled man walk by their own power or piety, but that God had
accomplished this through them. As time goes on they understand bit by bit
what the resurrection would mean, and they would continue to preach
repentance for the forgiveness of sins in Jesus name.

I pray that I may be open to learning more and more about the meaning of
Christ's resurrection.  I pray that I may be open to many possibilities in
my life, including the Lord's will to work through me as the power of the
resurrection continues to be unleashed.  I pray that I may be a faithful
believer and bring many to Christ through my example.