<MP>Thursday, 27 July 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:07:52 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"He has told you, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to
act justly, to love tenderly, and to walk humbly with your God."  ~Micah 6:8

"Walk humbly with your God."  Walking with God means practicing the presence
of God in our daily affairs. It means asking God for the strength to face
each new day.  It means turning to God often during the day in prayer for
ourselves and for other people.  It means thanking God at night for the
blessings we have received during the day.  Nothing can seriously upset us
if we are "walking with God."  We can believe that God is beside us in
spirit, to help us and to guide us on our way.

I pray that I may try to walk humbly with God.  I pray that I may turn to
God often, as to a close friend.

Terry requests prayers for two people who will be having surgery Thursday.
Tommy asks for prayers for someone that is in a desperate financial
situation.  Fr. Pat asks prayers for a woman who will deliver a baby
tomorrow morning at seven months.

A mother requests prayer for her daughter to get the right job. Jo Ann
requests prayers for a special intention for her son and his family. Ray
asks prayers for a cousin's spouse who is near death from terminal cancer.
Marisa  asks prayers for herself that all biopsies taken are benign and that
God continues to heal her body.

David asks prayers for mother's recuperation from physical and emotional
pain and distress. Frieda asks prayers for a special intention. Erin asks
prayers for a friend's nephew who is recovering from a diving accident. Pat
asks prayers that his son may break the bonds and chains of drugs and
alcohol abuse and let him be able to live his life free from alcohol and
drugs

A member requests prayers for herself and her family that will be going on
outing July 26 & 27 and again on Aug 3 & 4, for safety going and coming
home. Kris asks for prayers for her husband who has lung cancer.