<MP>Thursday, 27 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 19:12:28 -0600

H A V E   A   W O N D E R F U L   C H R I S T M A S    S E A S O N
Visit my Christmas page for new desktop wallpaper, our Christmas card to
you, a photo of Father Pat and his sister in Santa's lap, lots of Christmas
links and much more.  Just follow the banner link
from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John the Apostle
It is God who calls; human beings answer. The vocation of John and his
brother James is stated very simply in the Gospels, along with that of Peter
and his brother Andrew: Jesus called them; they followed. The absoluteness
of their response is indicated by the account. James and John "were in a
boat, with their father Zebedee, mending their nets. He called them, and
immediately they left their boat and their father and followed him" (Matthew
4:21b-22).  For more, click the link below:

James and John "were in a boat, with their father Zebedee, mending their
nets. He called them, and immediately they left their boat and their father
and followed him" (Matthew 4:21b-22)

"Woman, behold your son....Behold, your mother" (John 19:26b, 27b).

As Jesus comes into the world He is "God with us."  He calls us to himself.
As we celebrate the Feast of St. John the Apostle and Evangelist today, we
ready ourselves to say "Yes" to God's call, wherever it leads us.

I pray that I may be ready to hear God's call in my life.  I pray that I may
not dismiss or ignore God's call, but earnestly strive to follow it.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Frank requests prayers of thanksgiving for favors asked. Mary requests
prayers for her pastor who needs to take time to rest and eat properly so he
will stay healthy. A member asks prayers that she can right a situation gone
wrong.

A member asks prayers for a friend with breast cancer and cousin with throat
cancer, that they will be healed. Mom is asking for prayers for daughter and
niece who are depressed, that God will take away their depression and fill
both of them with His love and peace, and that He will touch both of them
and draw them to Him.