<MP>Thursday, 26 November 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 07:24:36 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Please accept my heartfelt thanks for your ongoing prayerful support. I
continue to do well after last week's surgery.  Your prayers are precious
to me today ... and every day!

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.
No more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping
out, just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Miguel Agustín Pro (1891-1927)
¡Viva Cristo Rey! (Long live Christ the King) were the last words Father
Pro uttered before he was executed for being a Catholic priest and serving
his flock. Born into a prosperous, devout family in Guadalupe de
Zacatecas, he entered the Jesuits in 1911 but three years later fled to
Granada, Spain, because of religious persecution in Mexico. He was
ordained in Belgium in 1925. He immediately returned to Mexico, where he
served a Church forced to go ?underground.? He celebrated the Eucharist
clandestinely and ministered the other sacraments to small groups of
Catholics. He and his brother Roberto were arrested on trumped-up charges
of attempting to assassinate Mexico?s president. Roberto was spared but
Miguel was sentenced to face a firing squad on November 23, 1927. His
funeral became a public demonstration of faith. He was beatified in 1988.
For more, follow the link below:

And now, bless the God of all, who has done wondrous things on earth;
Who fosters people?s growth from their mother?s womb, and fashions them
according to his will! May he grant you joy of heart and may peace abide
among you; May his goodness toward us endure in Israel to deliver us in
our days.  ~Sirach 50:22-24

And one of them, realizing he had been healed,returned, glorifying God in
a loud voice;and he fell at the feet of Jesus and thanked him. He was a
Samaritan.Jesus said in reply, ?Ten were cleansed, were they not? Where
are the other nine?  ~Luke 17:11-19

It can be a day for deer hunting or scarfing down copious quantities of
turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy and pumpkin pie.  Or ... like the
Samaritan leper, we can return to the Lord ahd give Him Thanks. We can
make room in our lives too, for the ultimate Thanksgiving, going to Mass.
As we give thanks to God, we thank too our troops, family members and
friends and all who help us in so many ways. We can help with the dishes,
and live a day of gratitude more than one of self-indulgence.

I pray that I may express my gratitude for all my blessings.  I pray that
I may acknowledge all God has done for me, and give thanks.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for our troops today.  Those Veterans who have protected and
defended our freedom, and those who get up today and every day to do the
same. May they know our deep gratitude and loving support!

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!