<MP>Thursday, 26 March 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:29:02 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

Blessed Didacus of Cadiz (d. 1801)
Born in Cadiz, Spain, and christened Joseph Francis, the youth spent much of
his free time around the Capuchin friars and their church. But his desire to
enter the Franciscan Order was delayed because of the difficulty he had with
his studies. Finally he was admitted to the novitiate of the Capuchins in
Seville as Brother Didacus. He later was ordained a priest and sent out to
preach.  For more, follow the link below:

The LORD said to Moses, "Go down at once to your people whom you brought out
of the land of Egypt, for they have become depraved. They have soon turned
aside from the way I pointed out to them, making for themselves a molten
calf and worshiping it, sacrificing to it and crying out, 'This is your God,
O Israel, who brought you out of the land of Egypt!' ~Exodus 32:7-14

"I do not accept human praise; moreover, I know that you do not have the
love of God in you. I came in the name of my Father, but you do not accept
me; yet if another comes in his own name, you will accept him. How can you
believe, when you accept praise from one another and do not seek the praise
that comes from the only God? ~John 5:31-47

How fickle we can be as human persons.  Like Moses' people, we can become
distracted.  They even fashioned for themselves a golden calf and worshiped
it. Jesus is dismayed in today's Gospel too, that the people he addresses do
not have the love of God in them. But if another comes I his own name, they
will accept that person.  Lent is time for a tune-up.  How easy it can be to
abandon God and his Commandments while hardly thinking about it.   We can
turn back to God with all our hearts this Holy Season.  Perhaps the
Sacrament of Reconciliation  is what we need, even if it has been many years
since we've gone to Confession. There are some very good resources here:
www.frpat.com/reconciliation.htm

I pray that I may not be distracted, but may stay close to God.  I pray that
I may stay on the right path, that I may turn to the Lord with all my heart.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A mother requests prayers for her son, for a special intention. Denise asks
prayers for two intentions. A member asks prayers for a very special
intention.

Cherie requests prayers for a Line of Credit for her family business, to
help them get back on track. Patricia asks prayers that a way may be found
to keep her local Catholic High School open. Jo Ann asks prayers for her
sister who is on dialysis and in need of a kidney.

Michele asks prayers for her son who is in need of wisdom, guidance and
grace in a difficult situation. Katherine asks prayers for a special
intention. Erin requests prayers for her uncle, who has passed away after a
long and courageous battle with cancer.