<MP>Thursday, 26 April 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 20:31:37 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13

Ceaseless activity is not God's plan for our lives.  Times of withdrawal for
renewed strength are always necessary.  We can wait for the faintest tremor
of fear and then stop all work, everything, and rest before God until we are
strong again.  We can deal in the  same way with all tired feelings.  Then
we need rest of body and renewal of spirit-force.  Saint Paul said: "I can
do all things through him who strengthens me."  This does not mean that we
are to do all things and then rely on God to find strength.  It means that
we are to do the things we believe God wants us to do and only then can we
rely on God's supply of power.

I pray that Gods spirit may be my master always.  I pray that I may learn
how to rest and listen, as well as how to work.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site