<MP>Thursday, 25 September 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:49:10 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, THREE from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   SEATS WILL BE TICKETED ABOUT 10 OCTOBER
   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Elzear and Blessed Delphina (1286-1323) (1283-1358)
This is the only Franciscan couple to be canonized or beatified formally.
Elzear came from a noble family in southern France. After he married
Delphina, she informed him that she had made a vow of perpetual virginity;
that same night he did the same. For a time Elzear, Count of Ariano, was a
counselor to Duke Charles of Calabria in southern Italy. Elzear ruled his
own territories in the kingdom of Naples and in southern France with
justice. Elzear and Delphina joined the Secular Franciscans and dedicated
themselves to the corporal works of mercy. Twelve poor people dined with
them every day. A statue of Elzear shows him curing several people suffering
from leprosy.  For more, follow the link below:

Vanity of vanities, says Qoheleth, vanity of vanities! All things are
vanity! What profit has man from all the labor
which he toils at under the sun? One generation passes and another comes,
but the world forever stays. ~Ecclesiastes 2:1-11

But Herod said, "John I beheaded. Who then is this about whom I hear such
things?" And he kept trying to see him. ~Luke 9:7-9

Although in our first reading Quoheleth tells us that there is nothing new
under the sun, it seems like something radically new when we see someone
fully and authentically practicing their faith. That's why John the
Baptist's example is so graphic. Herod was perplexed to see John the Baptist
practicing the fullness of his faith without fear. Jesus lived His faith
fearlessly and showed us how to live as people of faith. This authentic
faith can lead to the transformation of the world we live in.  Justice can
be done and peace can be the result.

I pray that I may be fearless in living out my faith.  I pray that I may
have the courage to follow God's call and, by my example, show others how to
do the same.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Dorothy asks prayers for someone who needs spiritual healing and is
suffering from alcoholism, serious liver and kidney disease. A grandfather
asks prayers for his granddaughter who has serious depression. Richard asks
for prayers for God to give his daughter strength to fight her cancer and
depression. Dora asks  prayers for complete healing of her broken wrist.
Yolanda asks prayers for a special intention.

A mother asks prayers of thanksgiving for her son getting a good job.
Marilyn asks prayers for a special intention. Thelma asks prayers for a
special intention. Jill asks prayers for several intentions. Cherie request
prayer's for her daughter as she travels to Europe for a safe trip and that
her health will be good.

Harry from Nova Scotia requests prayers for a friend's daughter who is
fighting alcoholism. Maria asks prayer that their financial crisis may be
resolved with the least trouble. Brian asks for prayer support as he is
going for a sleep study because his shallow breathing is making his deep
depressions unbearable, his breathing stops often. Jerry asks prayers for
his father who is having eyesight problems.

Theresa asks prayers for a special intention. Bettye asks prayers that her
medical tests come back normal as she had colon cancer seven yrs. ago.
Also, for her friend who has terminal stomach cancer. Jan requests prayers
for all people along the Gulf Coast who are recovering from recent
hurricanes. Helen-Ann asks prayers for a special intention.