<MP>Thursday, 25 May 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 21:08:21 -0500

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N / L I S I E U X / P A R I S
(Portugal, Spain and France)

It?s shaping up to be a great Pilgrimage ? to Portugal (Lisbon, Santerem,
Fatima), Spain (Alba de Tormes, Avila, Segovia, Burgos, Loyola, Pamplona &
Javier) and France (Lourdes, Paris & Lisieux).  Out farewell dinner will be
in a restaurant in the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The brochure is now on-line,
along with a map and links to our hotels! The very reasonable price includes
transportation, luggage transfers, all admissions, guide, escort, all
breakfasts and dinners and even a packed lunch for the 1st Class train ride
from Lourdes to Paris. As always we?ll celebrate daily Mass and pray the
Rosary when we?re traveling. For complete details, follow the link from:

        www.frpat.com

P E N T E C O S T    N O V E N A
A novena is made up of nine days of prayers for a special cause.  The Novena
in honor of the Holy Spirit is the most ancient of all Novenas.  It was the
first one ever prayed.  It recalls the period of nine days where Jesus sent
his apostles back to Jerusalem to await the coming of the Holy Spirit at
Pentecost. This wonderful Novena is addressed to the Holy Spirit and can be
a powerful way for us to prepare to receive the light, strength and courage
we need.

So, let's pray this wonderful Novena, beginning on the Friday after
Ascension Thursday, this year on the 26th of May, even when, like this year
in the United States, the celebration of Holy Thursday is transferred to the
next Sunday.  Come Holy Spirit, Come!

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

D A    V I N C I    C O D E    D E B U N K E D
Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." ~Psalm
46:10

There is no limit to what we can accomplish in helping others.  We can keep
that thought always.  We need never relinquish any work or give up the
thought of any accomplishment because it seems beyond our power. God will
help us in all good work.   We only give it up if we feel that it's not
God's will for us.  In helping others, we can think of the tiny seed under
the dark, hard ground.  There is no certainty that, when it has forced its
way up to the surface, sunlight and warmth will greet it. Often a task seems
beyond our power, but there is no limit to what we can accomplish with God's
help.

I pray that I may never become discouraged in helping others.  I pray that I
may always rely on the power of God to help me.

A mother prays for her 18 year old daughter who just graduated high school
that she find a path that will lead her to God & peace & happiness, and that
she gets out of the abusive relationship that she is in now. Dorothy asks
for many prayers for her brother-in-law, for a successful stem cell
transplant. Ralph asks prayers for his daughter who is getting married next
week.

Nancy from PA asks prayers for the soul of her son-in-law's grandfather who
died Tuesday night and for his family that their differences may be put
aside and be given strength and comfort during their grieving and their love
for one another be renewed. Therese asks for prayers for her family to
receive the financial help they need. Bee asks prayers for a small boy
accidentally run over by a tractor driven by his father.

Abby asks prayers for her dad who will be undergoing surgery on June 1.
Teresa requests prayers for her fiancé, whose business is struggling, that
he will see good in the situation regardless of the way it turns out and
that he will find believe in himself--that he's done the right thing.