<MP>Thursday, 25 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 17:50:21 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We ran out of Air Tickets from LA CROSSE.  Gary, of Pentecost Tours, and I
decided to try to procure more La Crosse tickets, expecting that there would
be an additional cost of $350-$500. We hit a lucky moment, and were able to
get TEN ADDITIONAL LA CROSSE TICKETS AT THE SAME PRICE.
THERE ARE NOW 33 REGISTERED PILGRIMS. OUR ABSOLUTE LIMIT IS 47.
Remember though, that the first to register get those tickets!
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

Annunciation of the Lord
The feast of the Annunciation goes back to the fourth or fifth century. Its
central focus is the Incarnation: God has become one of us. From all
eternity God had decided that the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity
should become human. Now, as Luke 1:26-38 tells us, the decision is being
realized. The God-Man embraces all humanity, indeed all creation, to bring
it to God in one great act of love. Because human beings have rejected God,
Jesus will accept a life of suffering and an agonizing death: ?No one has
greater love than this, to lay down one?s life for one?s friends? (John
15:13).
Mary has an important role to play in God?s plan. From all eternity God
destined her to be the mother of Jesus and closely related to him in the
creation and redemption of the world. We could say that God?s decrees of
creation and redemption are joined in the decree of Incarnation. Because
Mary is God?s instrument in the Incarnation, she has a role to play with
Jesus in creation and redemption. It is a God-given role. It is God?s grace
from beginning to end. Mary becomes the eminent figure she is only by God?s
grace. She is the empty space where God could act.

Therefore the Lord himself will give you this sign: the virgin shall be with
child, and bear a son, and shall name him Emmanuel, which means ?God is with
us!? ~Isaiah 7:10-14; 8:10

Mary said, ?Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me
according to your word.? Then the angel departed from her. ~Luke 1:26-38.
Everything she is she owes to the Trinity.

It's the Feast of the Annunciation of the Lord. A troubled world prayers for
a savior, and through Mary, a Savior is promised.

I pray that my faith in my Savior may grow.  I pray that I may be willing to
carry out God's will as Mary was.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Helen asks prayers of her sons who have health problems and face the
possibility of losing jobs. A member asks prayers to restore health of two
special people. A mother asks for prayers for her son, a practicing Catholic
who is marrying a non-Christian, that God will open his fiancé's heart to
include a priest at the ceremony. Chris request prayers of thanksgiving her
daughter and son-in-law, who just gave birth to their second child, a
beautiful baby boy.