<MP>Thursday, 25 June 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:51:57 -0500 (CDT)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Jutta of Thuringia (d. 1264?)
Today's patroness of Prussia began her life amidst luxury and power but
died the death of a simple servant of the poor.
In truth, virtue and piety were always of prime importance to Jutta and
her husband, both of noble rank. The two were set to make a pilgrimage
together to the holy places in Jerusalem, but her husband died on the way.
The newly widowed Jutta, after taking care to provide for her children,
resolved to live in a manner utterly pleasing to God. She disposed of the
costly clothes, jewels and furniture befitting one of her rank, and became
a Secular Franciscan, taking on the simple garment of a religious.

"Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like
a wise man who built his house on rock. The rain fell, the floods came,
and the winds blew and buffeted the house. But it did not collapse; it had
been set solidly on rock. And everyone who listens to these words of mine
but does not act on them will be like a fool who built his house on sand.
The rain fell, the floods came, And it collapsed and was completely
ruined." ~Matthew 7:21-29

How important it is to build our lives on something solid.  It is amazing
how quickly everything can fall apart.  But, as believers, God is the rock
upon which we build our lives.  We can never be destroyed, and we are
bound for eternal life.

I pray that I may build my life on the Rock of my faith.  I pray that I
may never forget where my strength is.