<MP>Thursday, 25 January 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:49:08 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Once Jesus was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God was coming,
and he answered,  'The kingdom of God is not coming with things that can be
observed; nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or 'There it is!' For, in
fact, the kingdom of God is among you.'"  ~Luke 17:20-21

I believe that complete surrender of my life to God is the foundation of
serenity.  God has prepared for us a dwelling place.  I do not look upon
that promise as referring only to the after-life.  I do not look upon this
life as something to be struggled through in order to get the rewards of the
next life.  The Kingdom of God is all around us, and we can enjoy it here
and now as well.

I pray that I may try to do God's will.  I pray that such understanding,
insight and vision shall be mine, that I may live in God's Kingdom and work
for the coming of its fullness today and every day.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site