<MP>Thursday, 24 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:42:09 -0600 (CST)

 .=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Dates for the Ireland Pilgrimage are 18-28 October 2010. Air Space has now
been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin.
More information and a complete itinerary will be on the way very soon!
Keep this great Pilgrimage in the back of your mind ... or start saving
your nickels. I'll let you know when firm dates and other information is
available. For now, let's pray for the success of this wonderful
Pilgrimage! If you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for
informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Christmas at Greccio
What better way to prepare for the arrival of the Christ Child than to
take a brief journey to Greccio, the spot in central Italy where St.
Francis of Assisi created the first Christmas crib in the year 1223.
Francis, recalling a visit he had made years before to Bethlehem, resolved
to create the manger he had seen there. The ideal spot was a cave in
nearby Greccio. He would find a baby (we?re not sure if it was a live
infant or the carved image of a baby), hay upon which to lay him, an ox
and an ass to stand beside the manger. Word went out to the people of the
town. At the appointed time they arrived carrying torches and candles.

One of the friars began celebrating Mass. Francis himself gave the sermon.
His biographer, Thomas of Celano, recalls that Francis ?stood before the
manger?overcome with love and filled with a wonderful happiness?? For
Francis, the simple celebration was meant to recall the hardships Jesus
suffered even as an infant, a savior who chose to become poor for our
sake, a truly human Jesus.

Tonight, as we pray around the Christmas cribs in our homes, we welcome
into our hearts that same Savior.

  For more, follow the link below:

I will fix a place for my people Israel; I will plant them so that they
may dwell in their place without further disturbance. Neither shall the
wicked continue to afflict them as they did of old, since the time I first
appointed judges over my people Israel. I will give you rest from all your
enemies. The LORD also reveals to you that he will establish a house for
you. ~2 Samuel 7:1-5, 8b-12, 14a, 16

Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel; for he has come to his people and
set them free. He has raised up for us a mighty Savior, born of the house
of his servant David. Through his prophets he promised of old that he
would save us from our enemies, from the hands of all who hate us. ~Luke
1:67-79

Christmas is almost hear.  Our Scriptures and our hearts are filled with
promise. As we await a birth we begin to dream about the potential of the
one to be born.  We need to do the same this year, as we await the birth
of the very Son of God. He comes into the world to fulfill our dreams ...
and to live withing us that He might fulfill God's dreams within us and in
His world.

I pray that I may be filled with hopeful expectation.  I pray that I may
allow the emptiness within me to be filled with our Lord Jesus Christ, and
that I may be willing to continue his work of bringing justice and peace
to the world.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!