<MP>Thursday, 24 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:58:37 -0500

Fatima / Lourdes/ Spain /France 2006

October 2-13, 2006.  Several seats may still be available. Seats will be
ticketed on 02 September.  If you'd like to join us, act now!

As always, the Pilgrimage Brochure, map of our travels, links to our Hotels
and much more are available at my Web Site.  Just click the link from:

.=:  R A F F L E    T I C K E T S  :=.
     Family Fun Fest

Our Family Fun Fest is October 15th.  It will be a great afternoon of fun
for our parishioners.  We also have Raffle Tickets available.  There are 4
$1000 prizes, a $500 prize and 5 $100 prizes.  If you'd like tickets, see
the special page at our Parish Web Site.  I appreciate the many of you who
help out in this way.  I can't remember a raffle when some of our
cyber-members weren't winners!  One of our cyber-members has won twice in
the St. Pat's Calendar Raffle already!  Just follow the link from:

       www.stpatz.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Jesus looked at them and said, 'For mortals it is impossible, but for God
all things are possible.'"  ~Matthew 19:26

We can cling to the belief that all things are possible with God.  If this
belief is truly accepted it is the ladder upon which a human soul can climb
from the lowest pit of despair to the most sublime heights of peace of mind.
It is possible for God to change our way of living. When we see the change
in another person through the grace of God, we cannot doubt that all things
are possible in the lives of people through the strength that comes from
faith in God who rules us all.

I pray that I may live expectantly.  I pray that I may believe deeply that
all things are possible with God.

Dorothy asks prayers for her cousin who has stomach cancer. Marilynn
requests prayers for her mother's recovery from a tracheotomy, so that she
can breathe on her own. Denise requests prayers for a friend at work who
will be undergoing heart surgery next week.

Friends ask prayers for young man, age 22, who is paralyzed from the neck
down following a diving accident. Gayle offers thanks for prayers for her
daughter who has had successful gall bladder surgery. A member requests
prayers for healing for someone who is suffering complications from a liver
transplant.

Abby requests prayers for divine intervention and a solution to  a current
family challenge related to her dad. Leslie prays for a good interview on 24
August, and hopes he will be picked for the job.