<MP>Thursday, 23 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:50:05 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John of Capistrano (1386-1456)
It has been said the Christian saints are the world's greatest optimists.
Not blind to the existence and consequences of evil, they base their
confidence on the power of Christ's redemption. The power of conversion
through Christ extends not only to sinful people but also to calamitous
events.  For more, follow the link below:

Brothers and sisters: I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in
heaven and on earth is named, that he may grant you in accord with the
riches of his glory to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the
inner self, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith ...
~Ephesians 3:14-21

Jesus said to his disciples: "I have come to set the earth on fire, and how
I wish it were already blazing! There is a baptism with which I must be
baptized, and how great is my anguish until it is accomplished! ~Luke
12:49-53

Paul was very much an insider.  He was familiar with his own conversion and
the fire that burned in his heart ... a fire that he wanted to share with
those around him ... that they might have a strong and durable faith as
well. Jesus wants us to have that same white-hot faith, where we know
full-well how to respond to God's love and then devote ourselves totally to
doing it, without ever considering what others might thing of us. We can be
people of such faith.  Through our example we can nourish and strengthen the
faith of people around us as well.

I pray that I may have a durable and strong faith, that I may respond to
God's call in my life and devote myself totally to doing God's will.  I pray
that my example may help draw others close to Christ too, and that they can
respond to God's call without worrying about what others may think.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Mary Lou asks prayers for her son who is depressed over a breakup. Mark
request prayers for his daughter who is struggling with her teen years and
his sister-in-law who's pancreatic cancer has spread to her liver. A member
requests prayers for two special intentions.

Dorothy asks prayers for her husband who is having health problems. Carol
asks prayers for her sister-in-law whose cancer has reappeared. Mom asks
prayers for her son who passed away 2 years ago this Friday and for other
sons who are in need of help. Jane requests prayers for her niece, that she
be completely healed of acute leukemia.

Susanne in NJ requests prayers for special intentions for her family.
Marilyn asks prayers for her cousin who has lymphoma. Jo asks prayers for
her friend who is terminally ill.